Wreaths Across America - Houston
Wreath Day Info
Info for the Wreaths Across America - Houston Day
THE WREATH LAYING ON:
December 16th, 2023
There is a lot of construction going on at the cemetery to help make it even more beautiful. This construction may change the ceremony and travel patterns on the roads. Please be aware of your surroundings and be safe. The construction is out of our control but will be beautiful when it is completed.
• The best place to park is at Greenspoint Mall and take the free shuttle.
• Cemetery grounds parking will usually fill by 9:00am so Greenspoint is likely the best option.
• Buses are not permitted in the cemetery. Please pull to the front gate to let your passengers off and then park at Greenspoint for the driver to take the shuttle. Most shuttle buses are wheelchair equipped.
• Parking on Veterans Memorial is not recommended as it is a very busy road.
NOTE: After the ceremony all the busses will be there to help take people back. Please be patient as we get 17,000 people delivered back to Greenspoint. There will be a line but it goes quickly.
Dress for the Weather
• There will be people in jeans, suits and uniforms. Please be respectful of those around you.
• Yes, you may bring chairs if you like.
• Yes, please bring the kids.
• The sections we are doing will be printed in the program that day.