Welcome to Wreaths Across America – Houston
Wreaths Across America is a non-profit organization dedicated to honoring and thanking our veterans for their service and sacrifice. The Wreaths Across America mission is to “Remember, Honor, and Teach”.
We fulfill that mission by laying a live Maine remembrance wreath upon the gravesites of our fallen heroes. The annual wreath laying ceremony that started at Arlington National Cemetery in 1992 is now performed around the country, including at the Houston National Cemetery.
Wreath Day Is
Saturday, December 15th, 2018 at 11:00 AM
Houston National Cemetery
Wreath Day Notes
The Wreath laying on Saturday, December 15th, is Rain or Shine.
- The best place to park is at Greenspoint Mall and take the free shuttle.
- Also available is the Shepard Park & Ride for $1.25.
- Cemetery grounds will fill very quickly so please try to use one of our other options.
- Busses are not permitted in the cemetery. Please pull to the front gate to let your passengers off and then park at Greenspoint to take the shuttle. Most busses are wheelchair equipped.
NOTE – after the ceremony all the busses will be there to help take people back. Please be patient as we get 17,000 people delivered back to Greenspoint. There will be a line but it goes quickly.
- 07:30am : Shuttle and Bus service starts.
- 08:00am : Motorcycle Escort and Trucks arrive.
- 11:00am : Ceremony Starts.
- 11:45am : Wreath Laying Starts – no wreaths will be laid until the ceremony is over.
- 02:30pm : Shuttle and Bus service stops.
- Dress for the weather.
- There will be people in jeans, suits and uniforms. Please be respectful of those around you.
- Yes, you may bring chairs if you like.
- Yes, please bring the kids.
- The sections we are doing will be printed in the program that day.