Welcome to Wreaths Across America – Houston
Wreaths Across America is a non-profit organization dedicated to honoring and thanking our veterans for their service and sacrifice. The Wreaths Across America mission is to “Remember, Honor, and Teach”. The annual wreath laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery started in 1992 is now performed around the country.
Wreath Laying Ceremony 2013
December 14, 2013 at 11:00am
at the Houston National Cemetery
Rain or Shine
Thanksgiving Day Parade
The Thanksgiving Day Parade in Houston was a great success as we featured a huge wreath balloon! Thousands of parade goers were quickly introduced to the Wreaths Across America-Houston project.
Thanks to Troop 993 for their assistance in skillfully maneuvering the balloon all the way as if they had been doing it for years. For more on Troop 993 please visit http://www.troop993.org/.
WREATH DAY NOTES
• The wreath laying on the 14th is a rain or shine event.
- The best place to park is at Greenspoint Mall and take the free shuttle.
- Also available is the Sheppard Park & Ride
- Or the grass lots across from the cemetery
- Cemetery grounds will fill very quickly so please try to use one of our other options.
– 7:30am Shuttle and Bus service starts
– 8:00am Motorcycle Escort and Trucks arrive
– 11:00am Ceremony Starts –
– 11:45am Wreath Laying Starts – no wreaths will be laid until the ceremony is over
– 2:00pm Shuttle and Bus service stops
• Dress for the weather. There will be people in jeans, suits and uniforms. Please be respectful of those around you.
• You may bring chairs if you like
• Yes, please bring the kids
• The sections we are doing will be printed in the program that day.